Aims & Objectives
- Provide support to people with HIV and their loved ones, as well as people with a sexual health crisis/problem.
- Provide opportunities for people with HIV to live healthy lives by broadening their perspectives on the possibilities available to them and provide them with material support if appropriate.
- Participate in policy development aimed at improving service delivery in the western region.
- Provide respite weekends for HIV positive people and their carers.
- Provide helpline support to anyone who is worried about or potentially facing a sexual health crisis.
- Enhance sexual well-being by the provision of responsive and innovative training programmes to schools, community groups, youth organisations, etc. and work in conjunction with state agencies to provide these programmes where appropriate.
- Work with the HSE and community groups in the development and delivery of “Train the Trainers” programmes to schools, community groups, etc.
- Provide educational programmes to community groups on drug and alcohol abuse and the implications on sexual behaviour and transmission of infections.
- Develop awareness campaigns, provide information material, encourage media involvement and hold events that will educate the community on HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections and sexual health.
- Provide a Helpline Information Service on HIV and STIs.
- Participate in research on prevention and care.
- Publish a quarterly newsletter “Happiness is Vital”.
- Participate in related local/national meetings and networks/associations in order to develop and maintain models of best practice.
- Provide information/Education on our website and App.
- Provide outreach services to young people who are potentially at risk and who are not in contact with other services.
- Provide outreach programmes for at-risk groups i.e. gay community, asylum seekers, prisoners, plus many others, in the form of education, support, advice and free condoms etc.
- Ongoing use of technology to provide information on HIV/STIs, such as maintaining up-to-date information on our website and App.
- Draft and publish leaflets, posters, brochures and booklets on sexual health matters for information and distribution to health clinics, doctors surgeries, seminars, conferences etc.